Friday, October 26, 2012

SPECIAL NOTICE: Rolling Stones Said to Add More Live Gigs: Touring Member Hints at Additional 50th Anniversary Shows


The Rolling Stones discography
The Rolling Stones (Wikipedia)
The Rolling Stones are still planning a run of 50th anniversary shows, but now the group's touring saxophonist Bobby Keys says the Stones will play more than the supposed Brooklyn and London dates, Billboard reports.

Keys said the band is "gonna do some more concerts, starting in November with two in England and then a couple here in the States, then there's a few added concerts after that. Keith [Richards] told me a couple months ago there was something in the wind and just be ready to go. I'm waiting for them to send me the plane ticket and the information, and then I'll go."

Keys said there's a feeling of finality to plans for a round of anniversary shows. "The reality is this train is going to pull into the last station pretty soon - I don't know how soon," he said. "I've been saying this since 1980, but I feel like it's kind of winding down. This may be sort of the 'Sayonara, see you later, had a good time, keep in touch.' I don't know that for sure. I haven't officially been told anything ... I just take my cue primarily from what Keith says, so we'll have to see."

In a recent interview with Q magazine, Richards seemed sure of the London and Brooklyn shows. "We've got some shows in London, I believe, and in New York, but I really can't talk about any of that at the moment," he said. "They've put the gag on me on this. You can hint!"

In August, Rolling Stone learned the band is planning two shows at Brooklyn's Barclays Center before the end of the year. The shows would coincide with other anniversary plans this fall, including the Rolling Stones' career retrospective documentary Crossfire Hurricane, which will air on HBO on November 15th. The band will also release a new greatest hits collection, GRRR!, on November 13th.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment